Did you know that not everything has to be made from scratch……yep……there are shortcuts that are sometimes just as good! This recipe is one of those. If you need a dessert for an upcoming event and want something that is not too difficult but full of yumminess this is the one for you.
- 1 box of Pillsbury chocolate mix (yep – I said it – prepackaged cake mix!)
- 1 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbs orange zest
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c mayo (trust me here)
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar (still trust me) I used Simply Infused Dark Chocolate Balsamic http://www.simply-infused.com and their Blood Orange olive oil instead of regular cooking oil.
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate Glaze: 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2 Tbs cocoa powder, 2 Tbs OJ
- Prepare the cake mix as directed but substitute the water with orange juice.
- To the cake mix add the balsamic, vanilla and mayo and 1 Tbs orange zest
- Pour the batter into a greased “bundt” pan and bake according to package
- While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze. Whisk all ingredients and set aside
- Let the cake cool slightly and turn onto a cake stand. Drizzle the glaze over the top and sprinkle with the other Tbs of Orange zest.