Well it’s that time of year! My favorite – SOUP season! Cool weather, comfort food and family and friends. This Chicken Noodle Soup only takes about 30 minutes to make and is great reheated the next day. I put a little “twist” on it – as usual -that gave it tremendous flavor. Hope you enjoy it!
2 lb Rotisserie Chicken shredded
1 cup of diced onion, celery and carrots
2 tsp fresh rosemary and thyme finely chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tsp olive oil
1 freshly squeezed lemon
5 – 14.5 oz cans of organic chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups of dry cellentini noodles (corkscrew – has great texture!)
The secret ingredient – 2 – 4.9 oz pks of Lipton Chicken Noodle cup a soup (noodles discarded) The seasoning in these little packets packs a mighty flavor punch.
- In a large non-stick skillet saute the onion, carrots and celery for 5 minutes then add the garlic for an additional 1 minute, remove from heat
- While the veggies are cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside
- In a large stock pot add the chicken broth and the season packets from both Lipton cup a soups and bring to a low boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, chicken, noodles and veggies and lemon juice
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Return to a bowl then reduce to low for 30 minutes. Enjoy!