This bread is to die for! You could have a salad and this bread and it would be enough for a delicious meal! It is so easy to prepare and only a few ingredients.
- 1 loaf of french bread (did you know you can get a full loaf of french bread at Walmart that is close to its expiration date for $1. Yep – ONE DOLLAR! – and if you use it within 3 days think of the money you just saved.
- 1 cup of of Kraft Italian Five Cheese Shreads
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 tsp of finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp of fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp of fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tsp of fresh basil (optional)
- olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400.
Using a serrated knife cut the french bread on the diagonal in both directions. Using your fingers, gently pull the bread open.
In a skillet, melt the butter and whisk in the garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme. Once melted pour into the cuts of the bread. Next, sprinkle the cheese between the cuts. Rub the bread with olive oil and a sprinkling of salt. Wrap the bread in tin foil and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
Sprinkle with basil after baking.