It’s Summer! Anything goes! There are combinations of fruit and protein that go so well together that you would not normally consider. That’s why I am here! This recipe is so light and tasty. Cook it and put your own “twist” on it. I served this dish over a bag of Success Boil and Bag rice that I boiled in a pot of pineapple juice instead of water. Delish!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbs teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbs Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbs of sesame oil
- 1 Tsp minced garlic
- 3 Tsp sugar
- 1/4 Tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Tsp Dak’s Blacken Spice
- 1 Cup rinsed blackberries
- 1 Tbs each of peanuts and pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh basil thinly sliced (chiffonade:chopping technique of herbs into long thin strips)
- In a small bowl whisk together teriyaki sauce, garlic, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, sugar, Dak’s Blacken Spice
- Drizzle a large skillet with oil and bring to medium heat. Season chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Add sauce to pan and continue to stir over heat for 3-4 more minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add blackberries and basil and stir another 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts and pistachio and serve immediately.