I am NOT a dessert person. Not that I cant make desserts. I can kick butt making them. I just don’t like them. Not ice cream, cakes, anything sweet. I know I know….there is something wrong with that. Well I saw a version of this on a cooking channel one day and decided I would put my own “twist” on it and make it for my Memorial Day get together. I thought to myself, “hmmm – I put some work into this little sweet dish – might as well give it a try”. TWO slices later….I had to stop and get a grip! My guest begged for me to make it at every get together so I figured I had a winner! You can probably change this with many variations but I’m just sayin…..:)
- 1 Gal of your favorite ice cream (I used vanilla but even something like Moose Tracks would be awesome!)
- 2 Boxes of Cramel Corn Crunch and Munch
- 1 squeeze bottle of Smuckers Carmel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 Jar of Smuckers Fruit & Honey Tropical Spread (or any preserve spread) This tropical spread was just amazing and worked well with the bananas.
- 2 large bananas
- 9″ springfoam pan and a 9″ round cut out of parchment paper to go in the bottom of the pan. This makes it so much easier to get the cake out after it is frozen.
- Cut out your parchment round to fit inside of your pan. I actually sprayed mine with a little Pam for easy removal.
- Take your ice cream out and let it soften. If you need to you can even put the container in the microwave for about 15 seconds a few times to soften.
- Dump your two boxes of Carmel Crunch and Munch into a large gallon size baggie, seal and pound the heck out of it. You want it to have visible pieces of popcorn so dont pound it into a powder form. You want the CRUNCH!
- Cut your 2 banana into about 1/2″ slices.
- Now you start assembly
- First layer in the bottom of the pan is a solid layer of the popcorn
- Second spread about a 2-3″ layer of your ice cream
- Drizzle a good amount of the Honey & Fruit Tropical spread over the ice cream
- A layer of bananas and a good drizzle of carmel syrup.
- Start your 2nd layer in the exact order starting with the popcorn base endidng with the carmel drizzle and a final dusting of the carmel popcorn
- Freeze your cake for several hours.
- When you are ready to serve, just place it on a pretty cake stand, pop open the springfoam pan (take a picture – its too pretty not to get one before you dig in!)